Since the signing of Arizona Senate Bill 1070, our office has received a number of inquiries about what types of documentation travelers will need to visit Arizona. Although nothing has changed pertaining to what identification residents and visitors need to travel within the Grand Canyon State, the following information can address the question: What type of documentation is needed to travel to and throughout Arizona?

According to the bill the following items are acceptable forms of identification:

1.    Any valid United States federal, state or local government issued identification. 

2.    A valid tribal enrollment card or other form of tribal identification.

3.    A valid passport.

4.    A valid Arizona driver license.

5.    A valid Arizona non-operating identification license.

For more information about SBill 1070, visit the Arizona Hotel and Lodging Association website. The association also has an official tourism industry statement.