It could be on a bike. It could be in a boat. It could be on a camel. It could be on a train or private cart tour. Whatever you choose, you won't lose at the Phoenix Zoo!
Safari Train: Hop aboard the Zoo's Safari Train for a fun, narrated tour meandering past most of the major attractions. On the tour your guide will:
- point out the animals in the major exhibits
- give insightful commentary on the animals, their exhibits, and our conservation efforts
- offer helpful suggestions on what to see and do after your tour
- tell you about keeper talks and other activities
- share news about the latest births and acquisitions
Safari Train Information:
- Tours depart every 20 to 30 minutes from the Safari Train Station near the Zoo's main lake.
- A ride on the Safari Train lasts about 25 minutes.
- Seating is first come first serve
- Several trams are wheelchair accessible.
- The fare is $3 per passenger 3 years and older. Phoenix Zoo members and school groups get special discounts!
Private Tours: Have you ever taken the Zoo's Safari Train ride and wanted to get even more information from your train driver? Well, now you can! Safari Train is offering private one hour tours of our Zoo. Your guide will take you places the Safari Train just can't go. They will make stops based on your specific desires, and customize the tour with you in mind.
- Safari Tour Carts hold up to 5 adults.
- $20 per guest, $18 for member.
- Admission to the Zoo is not included in the cost of the tour.
- Children 2 and under are free.
- Tours are based on availability.
Call the Reservations Department to book your Safari Cart Tour at 602-914-4333 or stop by the Safari Train Station located across from the Savanna.
While cart tours are available most of the time, a reservation is necessary to confirm that staff will be available for your tour.
Zoo Croozin' at Boats and Bikes: Enjoy your visit a special way on a boat or bike.
Bikes – If you are looking for a more relaxing trip, try the Zoo's new single bikes - $12 per hour $8 for ½ an hour. Bringing the family? You can add on a tag along for your little one for an additional - $4 per hour $2 for an ½ hour or you can choose a trailer for 2 small children - $8 per hour $4 for ½ an hour.
Cosy bikes are a fun way to load up a family of 4 for your tour around the Zoo - $20 per hour $12 for ½ an hour.
Sirenetta bikes will hold 4 and is built up higher than the Cosy bikes - $20 per hour.
Delifino bikes are our largest and will hold up to 4 adults and 2 children - $30 per hour.
Boats – Cruise around the lake at your leisure. Boats will accommodate 2 adults and 2 children. 700 lbs limitation. -$20 per hour and $12 for ½ an hour.
Children must be 2 to ride and all rides must have an 18 year-old passenger. Credit cards and drivers licenses are required for renting.
Boats and Bikes are located at lakeside across from Zebras. They are available from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. daily during the regular season, 7 a.m. - 2 p.m. summer weekdays and 7 a.m. - 4 p.m. summer weekends and holidays.
Camel Rides: The camel depot is located on the African Trail adjacent to Desert Lives. The fee is $5 per rider and $5 per photo.
Location: The Phoenix Zoo is located at 455 North Galvin Parkway in Phoenix.
Hours: Through May 31, 2007 the Phoenix Zoo is open daily from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; summer hours (June 1-September 30) the hours are 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. weekdays and 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekends.
Admission: Adults (ages 13-59), $14; seniors (ages 60+), $9; children (ages 3-12), $6; ages 2 and under admitted free.
For more information call 602-273-1341 for visit the Zoo's website.