Take time to tee off this fall as Mesa swings into golf season! Mesa is home to more than 40 golf course that showcase the Southwest’s natural beauty, with many courses featuring breathtaking views of sweeping vistas set against beautiful mountains and blue skies. Plus, the city’s welcoming fall weather makes Mesa the perfect setting for a golf getaway. Here’s our guide to our favorite golf spots!
1. Longbow Golf Club is a must-visit in Mesa. The Ken Kavanaugh designed course is for the classic golfer, as it focuses on giving an excellent golfing experience. Longbow has earned a place among golf’s elite resort courses around the country by being included in Golfweek’s rankings for the top 100 resort courses in the U.S. With that commendation and the course’s supply of desert beauty and stunning views of iconic Red Mountain, a game at Longbow Golf Club is an excellent way to enjoy scenic Arizona views and hone your golfing skills.
2. We-Ko-Pa Golf Club, home to Golfweek’s 2014 top public course across Arizona, offers a dramatic test of golf that plays through shady arroyos and over desert ridges. You’re in for an unmatched Sonoran Desert golf experience with their two award-winning golf courses, Cholla and Saguaro, that both offer dramatic views of the Sonoran desert and a great game of golf. The original Cholla course, designed by Scott Miller, and the newer Saguaro course, designed by Bill Coore and Ben Crenshaw, are both 18-hole courses that will offer a memorable experience whether you’re a weekend golfer or a seasoned pro.
3. Toka Sticks Golf Club offers visitors a traditional links golf experience on an affordable and enjoyable layout. Offering Callaway Golf rental clubs for men, women and juniors, this golf club is perfect for those who want to enjoy the best equipment in golf without packing their clubs from home. If you’re looking to brush up on your skills before hitting the green, Toka Sticks Golf Club even offers a practice facility with various instruction options including PGA teaching professionals.
4. Augusta Ranch Golf Club is an 18-hole, par 61 golf course renowned for its exceptional playing conditions, friendly service, and challenging layout. This course allows players of all abilities to get out and enjoy the game of golf, the way it is meant to be enjoyed. You will use every club in your bag on this wonderful layout and better yet it won't take all day.
5. Arizona Golf Resort offers 18-holes of PGA-rated Championship Golf. The lush fairways are lined with massive cottonwood and eucalyptus trees, serene lake settings, mature vegetation, expansive fairways and gently sloping, well-manicured greens. The course offers an excellent test for ALL skill levels. The 6,601 yards, par 72 Course boasts a slope of 120 and a rating of 70.8.
So get your golf clubs together and head out to beautiful Mesa for great weather, views and golf this fall. Once you go, be sure to use #CityLimitless and tell us which course is your favorite; you’ll find it’s hard to choose just one!