Thanks to trendy new juice bars and clean eating restaurants popping up around the Valley, eating your fruits and veggies has never been easier. These new culinary crazes are moving toward a lifestyle of improving your overall heath.
THE CUTTING BOARD: Mesa, AZ - A vegan lover's paradise. The menu features unique, seasonal specials based on a whole food, plant-based diet, featuring organic and locally sourced fruits and vegetables. Take your pick between the many fresh juices and smoothies to choose from, gourmet coffees or freshly baked pastries. This refreshing, yet delightful café is perfect for a casual breakfast or lunch, or can even be taken to go.
- Tacos Duo - a customer favorite. Two whole grain corn and flour tortillas with Mexican spiced walnut "meat", diced tomatoes and cilantro micro-greens. Served with a lime wedge and side of salsa & hot sauce.
- NEW! Seasonal baked oatmeal - Rolled oats and almond milk, sweetened with a splash of maple syrup, vanilla & seasonal fresh fruit. Garnished with apple slices and chia seeds. Choice of milk lightly steamed for an additional charge.
- Sweet Greens Juice - Get a glassful of nutrition by drinking this down - apples, kale, spinach, cucumber and parsley.
THRIVE: Gilbert, AZ - No really, Thrive! The name means prosper or flourish, and that is exactly how you will feel after dining at this health-conscious abode. Thrive does their very best to bring you the finest whole-food and nutritional supplements around. Re-energize your body with an exquisite acai bowl, packed with antioxidants, vitamins and protein. This will leave you feeling full and contented. After your meal, for $2 more, you can get your antioxidant score upon request.
- Original Acai Bowl - Blend: Strawberry, blueberry, banana, acai sorbet, apple juice. Topped: Granola, Strawberries, banana, blueberries, honey
- Raspberry Pecan Bowl - Raspberry, Strawberry, Acia Sorbet, Pecan Butter, Cashew Butter, Apple Juice Topped: Granola, Raspberries, Strawberries, Pecans, Honey
- Extreme Green Smoothie - Spinach, Acai, strawberries, pineapple, protein
SUNNYSIDE BREAKFAST LOUNGE: Mesa, AZ. Located in the Las Sendas neighborhood, just up the street from Tonto National Forrest, the Salt River, and Saguaro Lake. This breakfast and lunch spot has an abundance of healthy items to choose from after your hike or paddle boarding session, as well as a number of flavorful pancakes for your cheat day. You can dine at a table or grab a seat at the bar to watch the Sunnyside team press your juice. Go for the basic juice, a detoxifying green juice, or even a fruit smoothie.
- The Green Thumb juice - orange, kale, spinach, celery, cucumber, pineapple
- Valley of the Sunnyside omelet - whole eggs, grilled nopales, roasted poblano peppers, tomatoes, and pepper-jack cheeses
- Jolly Apple Seed pancakes - pancakes stuffed with cinnamon swirl cream, roasted apple quarters, apple reduction syrup, and toasted walnuts
BLUE LEMON: Gilbert, AZ- This Utah-based restaurant recently introduced themselves to Arizona diners opening earlier this year in Gilbert. Its upscale, urban eatery suits well for all health-minded consumers. They have been known to live up to their motto, "pure clean food, with a twist." The food is made with natural (mostly local) ingredients, creating a superior cuisine that won't leave you disappointed.
- Hummus Plate - grilled flatbread, veggies, and a touch of olive tapenade
- Raspberry Chicken Salad - With grilled chicken, candied pecans, feta cheese, sweet and sour red onions, endive, raspberries, orange sections, and house greens tossed with raspberry vinaigrette
HOT PETTER YOGA: Mesa, AZ - Quench your thirst at this all-green juice bar after a hot yoga session. Hydrate and refuel with a green drink of your choice. These various juice blends are loaded with special ingredients such as: spinach, kale, chard, lettuce, fruit, and fiber, giving you the vitamins and minerals needed to boost your health.