2017 N Greenfield Rd
Mesa, AZ 85215
Join our presenters as they share over 100 years of US military aviation history. Held on select Saturdays at 1pm.
April 17: The Doolittle Raider Story: Join Airbase Docent, JK Wight as he tells the daring story of America’s first strike on Japan’s homeland after Pearl Harbor.
April 24: Navajo Code Talkers: For over twenty years the saga of the Navajo marines who helped defeat Japan in WWII wasn’t discussed. Hear this remarkable story and learn about the one thousand year old secret weapon that gave America a significant advantage in the Pacific ground war.
May 8: WWII-The Home Front: tba
See website for upcoming dates
While at the Museum, check out our New and Improved Exhibit Updates
• Pearl Harbor Exhibit: features the recovered USS Arizona bulkhead section
• Cobra attack helicopter on display alongside Huey gunship!
• MiG-15 North Korean aircraft restoration completed!
• Medal of Honor recipient James Stockdale memorial exhibit refurbished!
• Flying Tigers exhibit expanded – most famous air combat unit in WWII story told! Story of Chinese pilots trained in Arizona included!
• Doolittle Raiders exhibit updated!
• B-17 ‘Chowhound’ nose section recovered from France crash site – extended exhibit loaned from the Mighty Eighth Museum in Georgia!
• B-24 air gunner at Truk Lagoon – SSgt John Hicks story!
• New January 2021: Bombadiers – exhibit focusing on the pivotal role bombardiers played in WWII by operating the top-secret Norden bombsight on thousands of missions against the Axis powers. This will be told from the journals and mission reports of B-17 Flying Fortress Bombardier Lt. Allen Buchanan of the 401st Bomb Group.
Upcoming Dates For This Event: