4800 E Falcon Dr
Mesa, AZ 85215
This event has expired and is here for your information.
1940's themed event to celebrate the Commemoration of Falcon Field's Opening in 1941 & Arrival of the First Cadet Class & World War II Hangar Rededication
- 1940's-themed games & entertainment
- Activities for kids
- Aviation-themed photo booth
- Aircraft displays
- Learn how to get involved in aviation and launch your dreams of flight at informational booths hosted by aviation businesses and non-profit organizations serving adults and youth
- Tours through a historic World War II hangar to view informational history displays and static display aircraft
- Brief re-dedication of the original World War II hangar that is now on the U.S. National Register of Historic Places
The World War II hangar will be open for tours with the 80th anniversary display of the history of Falcon Field and the No.4 British Flying Training School. Meet the pilots of Wings of Flight Foundation and Falcon Warbirds and view their restored military aircraft. Learn more about Mesa's role in WWII and the training of British and allied pilots from 1941-1945. Free parking and admission.