World renowned Organist Tony Monaco headlines this year’s International jazz Day Festival. Monaco is one of the best organ players in the world. Mentored by the legendary Jimmy Smith, Monaco does not swing, smolder or smoke… Monaco burns.
This festival is FREE!
Special Guest Billboard Artist: Scott & Ginger Whitfield
Scott and Ginger are a top-notch jazz vocal duo. Practicing the extreme sport of big band, they have been dubbed “the swingmeister” and “fabulous chanteuse.” Scott and Ginger are a dynamic duo reminiscent of Mel Torme/Jack Jones, Julie London/ Annie Ross, Rosemary Clooney and Bing Crosby
• Nayo Jones - Mentored by her father Doc Jones, jazz vocalist Nayo is a rising star who has opened for jazz greats such as Chris Botti, Otis and The Temptations, The Whispers and Lakeside.
• Dowell Davis – known as “D” to his fellow players, Davis has graced national and international stages with his drumming since 1983. He’s an accomplished artist who has played a variety of musical styles, and has an innate understanding of grooving.
• Mario Abney - Chicago born and raised Jazz Trumpeter Mario Abney, now of New Orleans, fuses traditional and extended trumpet techniques in an inventive way. His strikingly personal instrumental vision endows the music with an infinite array of tonal color.
• Ioannis Goudelis – Pianist Ioannis Goudelis has performed internationally at festivals, clubs and concert halls throughout the world including the most of the United States, Europe, Africa, Central America and the Pacific.
• Felix Sainz – is an in-demand bass & classic guitarist in the Valley