2017 N Greenfield Rd
Mesa, AZ 85215
Every Friday in May, you can sit in the cockpits of at least three warbirds and learn the basics of flight controls and instrumentation from a military pilot. It's the next best thing to being airborne!
Tours are at 10:15 a.m. and 1 p.m. and take approximately one hour. Cost is an additional $10 and may be purchased at the museum entrance or online.
While at the Museum, check out our New and Improved Exhibit Updates
• Pearl Harbor Exhibit: features the recovered USS Arizona bulkhead section
• Bombadiers Exhibit – focusing on the pivotal role bombardiers played in WWII by operating the top-secret Norden bombsight on thousands of missions against the Axis powers. This will be told from the journals and mission reports of B-17 Flying Fortress Bombardier Lt. Allen Buchanan of the 401st Bomb Group.
• Cobra attack helicopter on display alongside Huey gunship!
• MiG-15 North Korean aircraft restoration completed!
• Medal of Honor recipient James Stockdale memorial exhibit refurbished!
• Flying Tigers exhibit expanded – most famous air combat unit in WWII story told! Story of Chinese pilots trained in Arizona included!
• Doolittle Raiders exhibit updated!
• B-17 ‘Chowhound’ nose section recovered from France crash site – extended exhibit loaned from the Mighty Eighth Museum in Georgia!
• B-24 air gunner at Truk Lagoon – SSgt John Hicks story!
Upcoming Dates For This Event: