Get a close look at unique aircraft, classic cars, model railroads and more 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, March 28 when the City of Mesa’s Falcon Field Airport hosts its annual Open House!
The event will be at Falcon Field Park, 4636 East Fighter Aces Drive (north of McKellips Road between Greenfield and Higley roads). Free general and disabled parking is available at the airport entrance on the north side of McKellips Road east of Greenfield Road. Additional free parking with shuttles to the event site also will be available on the west side of Higley Road north of McKellips Road.
Admission is FREE to the Open House! Canned food donations will be accepted for the United Food Bank.
The Open House will feature:
- Unique aircraft, including Apache AH-64E Apache attack helicopter; MD Helicopters aircraft, the Army Aviation Heritage Foundation's 1967 AH-1F Cobra helicopter; vintage warbirds; experimental aircraft; public safety aircraft; general aviation aircraft; and more!
- Aviation adventures - warbird and helicopter rides available for purchase
- Flight simulators
- Future of Flight pavilion offering an exclusive look at new aviation technologies being developed by companies at Falcon Field Airport and in Arizona!
- Classic Car Show - more than 150 unique automobiles to see!
- Informational displays by representatives of area aviation education programs, local businesses and the City of Mesa
- Kids' activities including inflatables, face painting, balloon twisting, and aviation-themed crafts & photo booth
- Raffle prizes
- Food trucks
- and much, much more!