County & State Visitor Profiles
MARICOPA COUNTY VISITOR PROFILE
• According to Dean Runyan Associates, 23.3M visitors spent $15.9B and supported 108,810 jobs and contributed $1.4B in state and local tax revenue.**
• Visitor spending in Maricopa County saves every county household $804 in taxes per year. **
**Source: Dean Runyan Associates and Tourism Economics - Click HERE to review full 74 page report.
ARIZONA STATE VISITOR PROFILE
• 46.8M domestic and international overnight visitors chose to experience Arizona in 2019. **
• These visitors generated over $25.6B in spending, which is a y/o/y increase of 4.7%**
• In 2019, travel-generated employment reached a new record of more than 194,300. Those jobs accounted for $7.7 billion in earnings by Arizona workers. **
• Visitor spending in Arizona led to $3.78B in federal, local and state tax revenue.**
• In fact, state and local tax revenues generated by visitors to Arizona is enough to pay the wages of every firefighter, law enforcement officer, and emergency dispatcher in the entire state.
**Source: Dean Runyan Associates and Tourism Economics - Click HERE to review full 89 page report.
For more information on the impacts of Arizona tourism, please visit these resources below:
• Arizona Visitation & Profiles, Source: Arizona Office of Tourism
• Travel Facts & Figures, Source: U.S. Travel Association
• Return on Investment Study, Source: Brand USA