Posted By Visit Mesa Team
September 14, 2020
Let’s Go There: Top To-Do’s In Mesa As We Say Goodbye To Summer
Summer may be coming to an end, but that doesn't mean the fun has to stop! Check out our list of top things to do in Mesa, whether you are currently planning your trip, or just looking for travel inspiration! #LetsGoThere
2. The Apache Trail: Follow the footsteps of Native Americans and hopeful prospectors from the 1880s along miles of spectacular Superstition Wilderness. The historic and stunning scenic byway captures the true essence of Arizona.
3, Usery Mountain Regional Park Nature Center: Rangers will guide visitors into the discovery of Arizona’s unique Sonoran Desert flora and fauna. Desert critters and crawlers are also on display. Check out their calendar for in-park events that families will love as we head into fall.
4. Take A Swing! Mesa shines as one of the state’s premier golf destinations and is home to more than 40 golf courses featuring breathtaking views set against beautiful mountains and blue skies.
5. Shopping & Spas: Relax and unwind with a refined collection of day spas and fun shopping experiences strewn throughout the city. With boutiques in Downtown Mesa and upscale shops at Dana Park Village Square, there’s something for everyone.
6. Organ Stop Pizza: Home to the world’s largest theater organ serving up great food and entertainment. The Wurlitzer organ, built in 1927, towers above the large group dining room providing restaurant goers with an over-the-top dining experience. Named by Buzz Feed as the quirkiest attraction in the entire Grand Canyon State!
7. Main Street Murals: Mural mania has taken over social media and Mesa has plenty of stunning, place-making backdrops to post on your feed. Perhaps the most iconic Mesa mural is the vibrant, colorful Downtown Mesa sign painted by Phoenix artist, Lauren Lee. For a larger than life experience, head to Mesa Contemporary Arts outdoor garden to capture the 35-foot tall mural by famed Los Angeles artist El Mac. The most dedicated sidewalk surfers can hunt for old school murals in our alleyways, and don’t forget to capture your inner butterfly with the latest addition to our outdoor campus by Kelsey Montague.
8. Beer me! Mesa is a beer town with more breweries opening up each year. Whether you’re looking for an IPA or a lager, Mesa has a growing brew crew ready to serve and even share some knowledge about what makes each handcrafted libation so special.
9. Treasure hunting by GPS: Did you know Mesa has its very own Geo Tour with Geocaching.com. Download the app, go out and find yourself some hidden caches and be sure to log it down and swing by our visitors center for your official pin!
10. Satisfy all your cravings at the Asian District Mesa. This cultural cross-section of the city has such an incredible adoration for the Asian community, locals must check out the newest dining and sweet treats that can be found at Mekong Plaza, H Mart and of course, both the Asiana Market and the International Marketplace.