Visit Mesa welcomes travelers of all abilities to explore our city.
Travel Accessibility & Inclusion
Mesa, Arizona is a destination that prioritizes accessibility and inclusion. Visit Mesa believes that all visitors should explore our city with confidence knowing they are welcomed by a community that prioritizes compassion, kindness and understanding.
The collective efforts of countless hospitality businesses and civic entities make this endeavor possible. Most recently, Mesa was named America’s First Ever Autism Certified City. This bold initiative is a proud expression of the openness that is inherent to Mesa and demonstrates the powerful impact of an entire community coming together to make all travelers feel welcome.
We look forward to welcoming you to Mesa City Limitless®.
Discover Mesa City Limitless®
Learn more about Mesa’s top destinations and plan your trip with helpful accessibility information.
Plan Your Trip
Begin planning your trip to our city with these resources for accessible travel in Mesa, Arizona.
• Travel for All - Travel agency specializing in accessible travel around the world
• AAA Arizona - Membership based travel agency that offers service for planning of trips for those with special needs. (Must be a current AAA member for the service)
• TSA Passenger Support - Offering additional assistance during the security screening process
• Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport - All accessibility offerings at Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport
• Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport - Travel resources for Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport
• Valley Metro - Information for accessible public transportation in the Mesa and Phoenix Metropolitan area including bus, light rail, and ride-share
• United Access Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles and Equipment - Wheelchair van rentals with airport delivery service
• Wheelers of Arizona - Rental van servicing Phoenix Sky Harbor and Mesa Gateway airports
• Autism Travel - Mesa, Arizona is the first Autism Certified City in the United States
• City of Mesa - ADA Compliance Information
• Mesa Parks and Recreation - Adaptive sports, recreation and social programming offered to youth and adults
• COPA Health - A private not-for-profit organization providing educational, therapeutic, rehabilitation and social services to children and adults with developmental and physical disabilities and behavioral health challenges
• IBCCES - VIsit Mesa is the first Autism Certified City by the International Board of Credentialing and Continuing Education Standards
• Arizona State Parks & Trails - Accessibility information for park facilities and trails
• Travelability - News blog covering accessible travel
• Arizona Freelance Interpreting Services - AFIS offers professional interpreting services by nationally certified and AZ state licensed Interpreters
• brettapproved - A travel and entertainment review website for people with physical disabilities or anyone with a mobility challenge
If you encounter any challenges impacting the quality of your visit to Mesa, Arizona please make us aware.
Recent national media coverage featuring Visit Mesa's efforts to become the first internationally...
Visit Mesa is the first Destination Marketing Organization (DMO) to be certified in the nation!...
Specials and Savings being added daily!
Mesa is recognized as offering one of the most family-friendly communities in the nation.
Tours at your fingertips!