Posted By Visit Mesa Team
May 03, 2019
Local Favorites; Activities, Events, Dining, and more in Mesa
Roundup of local favorites that locals love in Mesa. From dining to events, activities, and more, find out what our locals love to do in Mesa City Limitless.
Looking for something to do when you are in town? From exploring the Sonoran Desert to learning more about native art and culture, there are endless adventures to partake in when you visit City Limitless. Check out these local favorites - from dining to activities, and more - in and around the community...
If you are seeking a full-throttle experience during your next vacation, Mesa offers up some of the most thrilling adventures one can have in Arizona. Outdoor adventure is plentiful in the Tonto National Forest and surrounding Sonoran Desert, and hitting the trails by foot or on wheels are some of the best ways to experience the desert up close. If you are more of a water lover, water flows throughout City Limitless and visitors have access to miles of shoreline around three lakes and the Lower Salt River! Stay active when you visit City Limitless!
- Wind Cave Trail at Usery Mountain Regional Park
- Tubing Down the Salt River
- 600 Miles of on-street bike lanes
- Dolly Steamboat Canyon Lake Cruise
- Horseback riding in the desert
- Stand up paddle boarding
Explore the activities that await you just outside of Mesa in our neighboring tribal communities. Arizona is home to 22 Native American Tribes, and throughout the state you will find unique and fun events, exhibitions, and festivals celebrating Native American traditions and culture, including art, dance, cuisine and more.
- Mesa Grande Cultural Park
- Southwest Gallery at the Arizona Museum of Natural History
- Rosa's Ranch at Fort McDowell
- Top Golf at Talking Stick
- Classic Cars at The Pavilions
Culture and Downtown Mesa
In Mesa, it's hard to miss the artwork and sculptures that line many of our streets. Nearly 40 sculptures and 27 murals are scattered throughout Downtown Mesa and make for those perfect "Instagrammable" moments. Mesa is also home to Mesa Arts Center, the largest arts complex in the Southwest! This gathering place is inspired by the unique character of the Sonoran Desert and home to the Mesa Contemporary Arts Museum that showcases five stunning galleries. Visitors can explore this center and more Mesa museums when they are in town.
- Downtown Mesa Festival of the Arts
- 5 Visual Art Galleries at Mesa Contemporary Arts Museum
- Elvis Presley Chapel at Superstition Mountain Museum
- Rose Garden at Mesa Community College
- El Mac Mural at Mesa Arts Center
Mesa is home to the award-winning Fresh Foodie Trail. Our collection of tasty treats, seasonal goods, and homemade finds are attention-grabbing for foodie lovers. Take the ultimate foodie road trip and experience a delicious adventure next time you visit City Limitless!
- Arizona BBQ at Jalapeno Bucks
- 11 Stops on Mesa's Fresh Foodie Trail
- Pasta Making Classes at Hayden Flour Mills
- Dining al Fresco at Queen Creek Olive Mill
- Arizona Citrus
- U-pick Gardens at Schnepf Farms
From "Spring Fever" to "Tee Time in Mesa", sports fans will have a blast with the numerous outdoor leisure activities and sports offered in and around the city. Mesa is home to 40+ golf courses, Sloan Park and Hohokam Stadium, and many "Desert Challenges".
- 100 Kilometer on the El Tour de Mesa
- Flowriding in the Desert
- Spring Training
- 9 Aquatic Centers
- Desert Challenge Games