The Riverview Multi-use Complex was opened for public use beginning on June 1, 2015. The complex features a total of four professionally groomed Soccer fields and two Multi-use fields that are available to the public June through mid-January each year.
- Complex consists of four full-sized soccer fields and two smaller multi-use fields.
- The soccer fields measure 360’ X 240’ and the smaller multi-use fields measure 240’ X 150’.
- There is a contracted concessionnaire on-site who will open for business during games and tournaments. No other vending is allowed.
After a major renovation project, Riverview is now home to the Cubs Spring Training Facility, Sloan Park, and the park itself has been transformed into a premier recreation destination. Located at the northwest corner of Dobson and Rio Salado Parkway, Riverview is home to:
- Sloan Park, the new Spring Training home of the Chicago Cubs.
- Community Fishing Lake
- Spray ground with multiple water features
- Playground extraordinaire including:
- 50 foot tall Genesis climbing tower
- 60 foot long caterpillar mesh rope climbing structure
- 2 playground clusters for ages 2-5, 6-12 and above
- Shaded picnic areas with tables
- Reservable ramadas - Reservations (480)-644-4271
- Miles of accessible sidewalks
- Display fountain
- Open play areas
Reservations will not be accepted on Chicago Cubs Spring Training game days.
A monthly roundup and rundown of Mesa hotels to stay at and a list of nearby attractions when you visit Mesa in Spring.