Merry Main Street
Downtown Mesa’s Merry Main Street is a kid-friendly event filled with special activities.
Experience an array of celebrations that start with a tree-lighting and kick-off event. Visitors will enjoy welcoming the holiday season at this fun holiday occasion. After the kick-off there are a wide variety of activities available nightly throughout the remainder of the season. Be immersed in a cheerful atmosphere, sipping on hot chocolate, looking for the perfect presents, and enjoying exciting celebrations.
Merry Main Street Tree Lighting & Kick-off
The evening begins with festive holiday music, a tree lighting program, and the official tree lighting ceremony. After the ceremony visitors will relish a wide variety of family-centered festivities.
Events & Activities
Experience a marvelous outing with scenic lighting, live music, scavenger hunts, and more. People are also invited to admire the twinkling light displays at Mesa Temple nightly. Whether you’re looking for kid-focused activities or seeking picturesque date ideas, Merry Main Street features jolly fun for all ages. Here are some of the exciting things to do at this holiday extravaganza:
- Winter Wonderland Ice Rink - Open nightly at Mesa City Center, this pop-up ice rink invites visitors to skate under the stars. Tickets cost $10 per person, including skate rentals.
- Visits with Santa - Take pictures of your little ones with Santa, capturing unforgettable festive memories.
- Holiday Sunset Market - Stroll through a variety of local businesses and discover the best gifts for your loved ones.
- Mesa Santa Express - Explore a magical experience on a train, where caroling, sweet treats, and meetings with Santa await.
- Festive Lighting - With a towering Christmas tree, 12-foot Menorah, and an array of glimmering lights, this event embraces the holidays with breathtaking surroundings.
Food & Drinks
Make your way to Pioneer Park for mouthwatering bites and succulent drinks. Discover Jack Frost’s Food Truck Forest, finding a variety of savory delights and refreshing beverages in an outdoor setting.
When & Where
Merry Main Street will run from November 24, 2023 to January 6, 2024. Located in downtown Mesa, this event’s festivities will occur daily, with varying hours of operation, along Main Street and MacDonald Road. For more information view the Merry Main Street events calendar.
Free parking is available in all open lots and on-street parking areas in downtown Mesa.
Park at a park and ride location then enjoy free light rail rides for event goers, 5 p.m. - 10 p.m. from Country Club to Gilbert Road on the select dates.