Mesa’s Backyard is rated BEST place for outdoor lovers
Step outside your comfort zone and head out for an adventure that’s close to home but feels like you’re far, far away.
Mesa is the ultimate desert playground for incredible, sought-after outdoor adventure. In fact, Money magazine editors named the city the “Best Place for Outdoor Lovers”, calling attention to the thousands of acres of natural wonderland surrounding our urban oasis. Locals that are looking to finally take that day trip or overnight break from their backyard can plan for an inspired Arizona getaway on the region’s canyon-carved waterways and endless trails. Mesa is within minutes from three lakes and two rivers that allow for desert boating, fishing, rafting, paddle boarding, kayaking, water skiing, wake boarding and jet skiing – and yes, tubing! Mesa has tons of outdoor outfitters ready to get you well equipped for adventure of every kind. Don’t just take our word for – check out this video of Mesa’s top adventures from leading outdoor recreation site, Matador Network:
Consider staying with us to take full advantage of all Mesa has to offer.
Instant $avings on FUN with Escape To Mesa Vacation Packages
When you’re ready to break away from your backyard, Mesa is ready to show off ours. Check out our new ESCAPE TO MESA vacation packages where every 2+ night stay in Mesa qualifies you for $150 toward dining, activities and entertainment during your stay. *Limited time
YOU’RE NOT A TRUE LOCAL UNTIL YOU’VE DISCOVERED THESE TOP 10 HOT SPOTS IN MESA CITY LIMITLESS®
1. Downtown Mesa Art Walk: Look for nearly 40 public art sculptures along Main Street, all part of the city’s permanent art collection. Visitors can download a walking guide online HERE.
2. The Apache Trail: Follow the footsteps of Native Americans and hopeful prospectors from the 1880s along miles of spectacular Superstition Wilderness. The historic and stunning scenic byway captures the true essence of Arizona.
3. Usery Mountain Regional Park Nature Center: Rangers will guide visitors into the discovery of Arizona’s unique Sonoran Desert flora and fauna. Desert critters and crawlers are also on display. Check out their calendar for in-park events that families will love as we head into fall.
4. Take A Swing! Mesa shines as one of the state’s premier golf destinations and is home to more than 40 golf courses featuring breathtaking views set against beautiful mountains and blue skies.
5. Organ Stop Pizza: Home to the world’s largest theater organ serving up great food and entertainment. The Wurlitzer organ, built in 1927, towers above the large group dining room providing restaurant goers with an over-the-top dining experience. Named by Buzz Feed as the quirkiest attraction in the entire Grand Canyon State!
6. Main Street Murals: Mural mania has taken over social media and Mesa has plenty of stunning, place-making backdrops to post on your feed. Perhaps the most iconic Mesa mural is the vibrant, colorful Downtown Mesa sign painted by Phoenix artist, Lauren Lee. For a larger than life experience, head to Mesa Contemporary Arts outdoor garden to capture the 35-foot tall mural by famed Los Angeles artist El Mac. The most dedicated sidewalk surfers can hunt for old school murals in our alleyways, and don’t forget to capture your inner butterfly with the latest addition to our outdoor campus by Kelsey Montague. Top 10 Most "Instagramable" Spots in City Limitless-Blog
7. Beer me! Mesa is a beer town with more breweries opening up each year. Whether you’re looking for an IPA or a lager, Mesa has a growing brew crew ready to serve and even share some knowledge about what makes each handcrafted libation so special. Take a peep at our specially dedicated beer Blog.
8. Treasure hunting by GPS! Did you know Mesa has its very own Geo Tour with Geocaching.com. Download the app, go out and find yourself some hidden caches and be sure to log it down and swing by our visitors center for your official pin!
9. Calling all foodies – did you know there is a linked collection of farms and gourmet food stands that take guests throughout the city and into our neighboring towns? The award-winning Fresh Foodie Trail™ is an adventure of another kind all centered on FOOD!, glorious food! Come hungry because if timed right, you’ll be able to eat all three meals and then some on this trail. Our foodie trail stops serve homemade ice cream, peaches, heritage grains, olives, citrus and so much more. The trail stops share more than just great food, it’s also a chance for the chefs-in-training to dive a little deeper and discover why dining local matters and they should get to know their farmer. Check out all the stops, download your Arizona Agritourism guide Now.
10. Feed the beast at the Asian District, Mesa AZ: Mesa has such an incredible adoration for the Asian community, locals must check out the newest dining and sweet treats that can be found at Mekong Plaza, H Mart and of course, both the Asiana Market and the International Marketplace.