Chicago Cubs Spring Training
When the boys of summer hit the fields in Mesa, it’s our official sign that spring has sprung. Mesa is home to two spring training teams – the Chicago Cubs, which have been part of the fabric since the early 1950s.
Cubs Spring Training 2021 will operate under minimal capacity guidelines. Individual game tickets will be on sale Friday, Feb. 19th at 10am (PST) https://cubs.fanportal-mlb.com/safety/
Pitchers and catchers are set to report on Feb. 17 and first full-squad workouts will begin on Feb. 22.
*Schedule is subject to change, please visit http://www.cubs.com/mesa to verify and purchase tickets. This schedule was copied from https://www.mlb.com/cubs/sloan-park/schedule on 2/15/20 and is subject to change by Major League Baseball.
ABOUT SLOAN PARK
Located just east of the Loop 101 freeway, Sloan Park (formerly Cubs Park) is just minutes away from all of the attractions that can be found throughout Mesa. Between the 15,000-seat ballpark and 7 practice fields, Chicago Cubs fans will be closer than ever to the Spring Training action they've always coveted. Located on what was once a golf course, recycled sod and replanted trees were used throughout the 140-acre complex. The park plays host to numerous Cactus League games, while additional action can be seen on side practice fields throughout Spring Training. Sloan Park will offer fans affordable price points for watching their favorite team, with ticket prices ranging from $9-$40.
Want to see what Cubs Spring Training is like in Mesa, Arizona, just hit the play button on the video below.
AMENITIES & DESIGN
- A high definition 28ft(h) x 88ft(w) video board.
- 9,200 fixed seats, 4,200 lawn seats, and 1,600 party deck/hospitality seats.
- Stadium features luxury suites and 2 party decks with catering, and excellent field views.
- Left Field Budweiser Party Deck, with rooftop seating.
- Six practice fields, one half-field, agility field, and additional training facilities.
- State-of-the-art workout facility, the largest in the Cactus and Grapefruit Leagues.
- Novelty, concession, and rest room areas located throughout the facility.
- Press box equipped with 7 TV/Radio booths.
- Six parking lots with approximately 5,000 spaces located throughout the 140-acre site, all perfect for tailgating.
- Pathway from Cubs' Clubhouse to the ballpark, where fans get a close look at players.
- Kids Zone with fun activities located beyond Center field wall.
- Club beyond Right field wall, serving beverages and food.
- Citrus Park, located beyond the Center field wall.
- Food Trucks lined up beyond the Center field wall during games, offering unique cuisine offered throughout Arizona.
The $99 million dollar Spring Training and Player Development Complex was designed by Populous, and constructed by Hunt Construction Group.
The approximately 140-acre site holds a 15,000 capacity ballpark, 7 practice fields, a city park, and a state-of-the-art workout facility and office space. In addition, game day parking will accommodate spots for nearly 5,000 vehicles.
Since breaking ground in July of 2012 nearly 2,300workers and tradesmen have put in over 1,750,000 man hours of work at the site. Their year-and-a-half of work included:
- Using 1,802 tons of structural steel, and 394 tons of miscellaneous steel
- Pouring 13,000 cubic yards of concrete
- Planting 1,079,486 square feet of turf
Fans walking the complex will notice 850 newly planted trees, in addition to over 8,000 new shrubs. While they will likely be unaware of the 33 miles of underground utilities, they can see many of the 5,000installed light fixtures all throughout the property.
MESA RIVERVIEW PARK AT SLOAN PARK
- Park features two playgrounds, one for younger children and one for older children.
- Each playground includes slides, climbing walls and play panels.
- On the edge of the park surrounding the playground is a 300 ft. natural linear climbing wall with a slide entry and fort.
- The big rope climbing tower is the world's largest, stretching 50 feet in the air.
- There is also a 75 foot kids zip line.
- For the summer months, the park includes a splash pad and shaded picnic area.
- Straight ahead is the new and improved Riverview Lake.
- Five acre lake
- Includes urban fishing nodes
- Lake is bordered by a pedestrian boardwalk and a lake pavilion for events
- Three bridges can be used to cross over the lake.
- The north side of the lake features a wonderful show fountain.
- The Paseo is a palm tree lined walk way, which connects Riverview Park and Sloan Park.
- 9.35 acre lot north of the Paseo.
- This includes the 175 room Sheraton Mesa Hotel which features a two onsite restaurants, a bar, a full service spa, and a 12,000 sq. ft. Conference Center. The hotel’s one-acre resort-style pool area has two swimming pools, two plunge pools, a hot tub, poolside services and modern fire and water features throughout.
- Room for future retail stores and restaurants.
- South from the Paseo, in the tailgate zone is 6.44 acres that will be used for soccer fields and parking for spring training games.